Thursday, May 28, 2015

Ode to New York

.

I am thinking of my trip to New York City earlier this month for Design Week and ICFF.  I go every year, as each visit never fails to inspire and provide opportunities to forge new connections to people and places and ideas.  Each meal for instance is a delight; starting with the curation of a table - each element serves simply to give pleasure, from feel in the hand to visual care to of course, the taste.  This does sound indulgent but whenever I leave the city I treat myself to a little plate of oysters and sit at a favorite spot, reveling in the marvels around me that one of the greatest cities in the world offers. I certainly remember how difficult it was to first arrive in NYC to find a place to live and to work, and the tremendous satisfaction in the reward of eventually finding both.

No comments:

Post a Comment